Development of modern analytical systems in support of farm consultancy through the development of empirically supported industry circles and the development of a computerized system for business decision-making on farms
Programme: RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (PRP 2014-2020), EIP projects
Sub-measure 16.2 Support for pilot projects and for the development of new products, practices, processes and technologies
The aim of the sub-measure is to develop new or improved products, practices, processes or technologies in the field of agriculture, food or forestry, transfer of knowledge into practice and dissemination of project results
Project: FARM MANAGER – Development of modern analytical systems in support of farm consultancy through the development of empirically supported industry circles and the development of a computerized system for business decision-making on farms.
Timeline: November 2019 – November 2022
Project budget: 393.114,27 EUR
Lead partner: Kmetijsko gozdarska zbornica Slovenije Kmetijsko gozdarski zavod Murska Sobota
- KMG Kresnik Andrej
- Tatjana Čop, Odnosi z javnostjo s.p.
- KMG Novak Adam
- KMG Miklavžina Bojan
- Kmetijsko gozdarska zbornica Slovenije, Kmetijsko gozdarski zavod Celje
- KMG Škof Matjaž
- ITC – Inovacijsko tehnološki grozd Murska Sobota
- KMG Rantaša Marinka
- Univerza v Ljubljani, Biotehniška fakulteta, Oddelek za zootehniko
- Bio dan, Proizvodnja sadnih sokov d.o.o.
- KMG Janežič Nikolaj
- Kmetijski inštitut Slovenije
- Inštitut za hmeljarstvo in pivovarstvo Slovenije
- Kmetijsko gozdarska zbornica Slovenije Kmetijsko gozdarski zavod Novo mesto
The project will address approaches and tools to improve and modernize the farm advisory system on Slovenian farms, which would result in better production results for the farms involved. It is consulting and working in industry circles, whose emphasis is on the analysis of production data in relation to business economics and the search for technological solutions to improve production and achieve optimal production. In the first part of the project, we will expand the implementation of empirically supported industry circles of milk producers and create an empirical tool for workshop work in a new software tool. Industry circles will also be set up for apple and hop producers and an empirical model for data analysis and processing will be created for them. In the second part of the project we will deal with the development of a computerized system for supporting business decision making on farms. The tool developed will be intended for consultants as a tool for easier and more efficient consulting work, which will maximally benefit farms in achieving better production results and long-term farm development.
The direct effects of the project will be:
- Development of empirically supported industry circles
- To build a computerized system for business decision-making on farms
- Expansion of empirically supported industry circles of milk, apple and hop producers
- Improving the capacity of agricultural advisers to organize empirically supported industry circles
- Establishing a modern computerized system for business decision-making on farms
- Improvement of the advisory system of farm advisers by using a developed business system for farm business decision-making.